Baruch Hashem Adonai
- 21 See how the
faithful city has become a harlot!
- She once was full of justice; righteousness used to dwell in her-
but now murderers!
- 22 Your silver has become dross,
your choice wine is diluted with water.
- 23 Your rulers are rebels,
companions of thieves; they all love bribes and chase after gifts.
- They do not defend the cause of the fatherless; the widow's case
does not come before them.
- 24 Therefore the Lord, the LORD Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel
- "Ah, I will get relief from my foes and avenge myself on my
- 25 I will turn my hand against you;
- I will thoroughly purge away your dross
and remove all your impurities.
- 26 I will restore your judges
as in days of old, your counselors
as at the beginning.
- Afterwards you will be called the City of Righteousness, the
V. 26b echoes v. 21, vv. 25-26a echo 22-23 and v. 24 is the hinge upon which
the thought turns, thus the Chiasm also indicates the message, which speaks of