Baruch Hashem Adonai
Scriptural Authority vs. Human Authority
Revelation Chapter 11
Christ Gives Authority to
3 And I will give power [a supplied word
implied in the context] unto my two witnesses.
6 These have power [exousia, authority] to shut heaven, ...and have
power [exousia] over waters....
Revelation Chapter 13
The Dragon Gives Authority to
2 And the dragon gave him his power, and his
seat, and great authority [exousia].
4 The dragon ... gave power [exousia] unto the beast.
5 And there was given unto him a mouth ... and power [exousia] was
given unto him.
7 And it was given unto him to make war ... and power [exousia] was
12 And he exerciseth all the power [exousia] of the first beast.
14 ...miracles which he had power to do [literally, it was given him to do].
15 And he had power [literally, it was given him] to give life unto the
- Prophesy 1260 days (v. 3)
- Fire proceeds out of their mouths (v. 5)
- Opposers must be killed (v. 5)
- Can withhold rain (v. 6)
- Can turn water to blood and do other signs (v. 6)
- At the end of the time, they are killed (v. 7)
- Brought back to life again (v. 11)
- Great fear fell on them which saw them (v. 11)
- Continues 42 months (v. 5)
- Makes fire come down from heaven (v. 13)
- Opposers should be killed (v. 15)
- Can withhold economic trade (v. 17)
- Doeth great wonders and miracles (v. 13, 14)
- One of his heads wounded to death (v. 3)
- His deadly wound healed (v. 3)
- All the world wondered (v. 3)